Inadvertent pollution
I managed to lose my third squirt bottle today. It usually sits in the side pocket of my backpack, happily following me along until it’s time to pull it out and squirt a soil sample. But the squirt-handle is subject to easy dislodging by branches. And believe it or not, there are plenty of branches in wetlands.
In wetlands where we are forced to make our way through salmonberry and dense brush, Chris and I differ greatly in our bush-whacking strategies. He is Master of the Machete, while I prefer to make like a deer and plunge through, head first. His strategy is more elegant, mine faster. But I always seem to lose that water bottle somewhere in the tangle. Good thing the janitors have had sympathy on me and offer me ready replacements.
:)


1 Comments:
Mis K,
Insightes are excellent - suggest you have a "Trailside clean up day", this would be kind of like the raodside pick up details. Take one big bag and go get your water bottles - - - they are not bio-degradable, are they?
By the way, the Blogsite is great - keep up the excellent work!
XOX Aunty M
Post a Comment
<< Home